Professional Quilting Service
Thank you for your interest in Sew What? professional quilting services. This hand guided quilting service provides the consumer with a timely, quality finished project that will be cherished by your family for years. Options include thread colors, batting type and quilting design. We understand the emotional and physical effort it takes to complete a quilt top, and we would like to enhance and complete your effort, working in conjunction to create an heirloom. We are always willing to discuss options that would fit your needs for the quilt. Please prepare the quilt as listed below. Sew What? reserves the right to refuse any project that does not meet the preparation requirements.
- The top should be completed, squared, with all seems secure.
- The top should be free of wrinkles and puckers. Tucks and puckers cannot be quilted out.
- The batting should be 8″ wider and longer then the top.
- The backing should be 8″ wider and longer then the top. The backing should be pieced and squared, preferably ON GRAIN.
- The layers should be separate, not basted in any way.
- If the border is pieced, it must be stay-stitched; or there will be an extra charge.
Each quilt will be taken in turn.
If there is a deadline (Christmas, quilt show, etc.), that needs to be expressed at the time of drop off. We will do what we can to meet your needs, as long as we know well in advance.
Quilts are not considered “in line” until there are physically on the promises.
Binding is the customer’s responsibility, unless otherwise discussed. Sew What? does have a binding service at an additional cost of $40.00.
If quilts are to be shipped, insurance charges will be charge to the customer.
Base price is by square inch.
• 2.5¢ per square inch for a basic or simple pantograph.
• 2.75¢ per square inch for a complicated or simple custom pantograph.
• 3.0¢ per square inch for a highly customized and/or elaborate pantograph.
- additional charges for piecing backs, fixing tears, rips, puckers, pressing, etc.
- additional charges for custom design work
- additional charges for specialty threads (variegated)
- $10.00 for stay stitching.
- $10.00 for pieced backing.
- $40.00 for machine basting on all quilts up to 3500 square inches.
- $50.00 for machine basting on all quilts measuring between 3501 – 7500 sq. in.
- $60.00 for machine basting on all quilts larger than 7500 square inches.
- $40.00 for machine finished binding on all quilts up to 3500 square inches.
- $50.00 for machine finished binding on all quilts measuring between 3501 – 7500 sq. in.
- $60.00 for machine finished binding on all quilts larger than 7500 square inches.
Download our full Quilt Service Brochure here.